Given the need to orient potential migrant workers with regards to language, culture, do's and don'ts in the destination country, the emigration process and welfare measures, PDOT program has been launched. Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) in collaboration with Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) is conducting the PDOT program. NSDC is the implementing agency for this program.
Till now in Pre Departure Orientation Training:
- PDOT program is delivered by trainers who have undergone Training of Trainers (ToT) program organized by MEA. So far, 68 trainers have been certified under PDOT.
- Pre-Departure Orientation Training (PDOT) modules were launched and the first ever Training of Trainers (ToT) for IISC Trainers was conducted by MEA and India Centre for Migration in March 2017. Since 2017, 4ToT programs have been organised.
- Pilot phase of 1-day PDOT program with NSDC as implementing agency has commenced from 10th January 2018 for migrant workers. PDOT is operational in 9 centres across 7 cities (2 locations of Mumbai and Delhi each, 1 location in Kochi, 1 location in Lucknow, 1 location in Chandigarh, 1 location in Gorakhpur, 1 location in Chennai):
- Delhi- Orion EdutechPvt. Ltd, Mandir Marg and Don Bosco Technical Institute, Okhla
- Mumbai- Asmacs, Sakinaka and Asmacs, Videsh Bhavan
- Kochi – Espoir Academy (Eram Skills), Ernakulum
- Lucknow – Mahendra Skills
- Chennai – Confederation of Indian Industry (operationalised in November 2019)
- Chandigarh - Regional Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (Operationalised in November 2019)
- Gorakhpur - IL&FS Skills - PMKK Gorakhpur (Operationalised in November 2019)
- Total number of candidates trained across the 9 centres are 79,604 as on 24th Dec 2019
- The operations at the centres in Chennai, Gorakhpur and Chandigarh were started in the month of November 2019