Launch of Mainstream Aspirational Districts through Skill Development
The programme To Mainstream Aspirational Districts through Skill Development was launched by Mr. Anant Kumar Hegde , Minister of State, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) on 3rd October 2018. The programme will be implemented in 117 Districts across 28 State. The programme involves identification of challenges for skill development and co-creating customized solutions to help the districts overcome these challenges. More than150 officials from MSDE, DGT, NSDC and NSDA will be involved in field visits to the Aspirational Districts Through the programme, MSDE endeavors to facilitate strengthening of governance and institutional infrastructure for skill development.
The Mission commences on 3rd October 2018 and will be operationalised in three phases. The outcomes are expected to be announced by 26th January 2019.
Objective of the Programme:
- Mapping of skill profile of the district
- Appraisal of District Skill ecosystem
- Identifying district specific Challenges and Potential areas of support required in the district
- Development of District Skill Development Plan through consultation process
- Implementation support for the work plan to the districts
Important elements of Programme:
- Institutional mechanisms to ensure coordination among Central, State and District Administration
- District Skill Committee
- District Skill Development Plan
- Convergence of Initiatives of the Central and State Governments
- Documentation of dissemination of best practices
- Partnering with expert organizations and leveraging their strengths and reach for assisting districts.
- MSDE to provide Technical and Financial Assistance
Approach and Strategy
- Phase 1 - Identification of Challenges: An appraisal of the district skill development systems and process will be undertaken. Based on this challenges being faced by the district for skill development will be identified.
- Phase 2 - Development of District Skill Development Plan (DSDP): The DSDP will be prepared in consultation with District skill committee and other stakeholders.
- Phase 3 - Implementation of District Skill Development Plan: The plan will be implemented in consultation with stakeholders and expert organizations. The expert organizations will facilitate reach for assisting districts
The Mission will be operationalised through formulation of District Skill Committee (DSC) in coordination with the State Skill Development Mission (SSDM)
- The programme will involve mapping of resources and convergence of Schemes at district level
- For bridging the gap between demand and supply, a differential approach to address geographic and sectoral gaps will be formulated
- Building skill ecosystem through enablers such as mobilization, counseling and industry engagement.
- Real-time Monitoring & participatory appraisal for District Plans
ASPIRATIONAL SKILLING ABHIYAN Documents
ASPIRATIONAL SKILLING ABHIYAN Presentations
District Action Plans as shared by Aspirational Districts to NITI Aayog
|District Action Plans as shared by Aspirational Districts to NITI Aayog
State Engagement Officer Contact List - National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
|State Engagement Officer Contact List - National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
|Download (413.61 KB)
Contact List of State Skill Development Mission(SSDM)
|Contact List of State Skill Development Mission(SSDM)
|Download (290.52 KB)
|Letter sent from Secretary, MoSDE to Chief Secretaries of all the States on 17th September 2018
|Download (396.83 KB)
|Letter sent from Senior Advisor , MSDE to State Skill Development Missions on 26th September 2018
|Download (434.64 KB)
|Letter sent from Senior Advisor , MSDE to District Collectors on 4th October 2018
|Download (380.18 KB)